Welcome to legal advice


Friday, September 14, 2007

 

How to Protect My Family - Checking Court Records Online

Did you know you can find out a ton of information about a person by checking court records online? It’s true and it’s one of the best ways I protect my family. Here’s why:
Court records are the recorded documentation of any judicial or Court proceeding. In other words, any time anyone has to go to Court for anything, or even files paperwork in Court, EVERYTHING that happens in or through the Court is recorded. Arrests, divorces, bankruptcy, births, deaths, driving offenses, real estate and some types of family matters are just some of the things that go through Court proceedings and are recorded.
You can get names, ages, addresses, the nature of the proceeding, all the details of the case, and much more, through court records. But if you’re like me, you’re probably saying to yourself “Wow, I can see how having access to all that information to protect my family is great, but can‘t I get in trouble? I mean isn't there some type of privacy law or something that prevents me from checking court records of other people?” That’s a good question and the simple answer is no, you can‘t get in trouble. Let me explain why.
Although access to some information can be restricted and laws do vary from State to State, the general rule is that unless the person is a minor or the Judge has sealed the record for some other reason, court records are considered public information. That means they are available to everyone, the entire public and that includes you. Something else to keep in mind is that if there is a law or restriction in a certain area or State, you simply won’t be able to access the information period. So, no, you’re not going to get in any trouble by checking court records online.
“Okay, that‘s great! But exactly how do I protect my family using this information?”
There are literally hundreds of ways you can use Court records to protect your family. Obviously, there isn’t room to go over all of them here, so I’ll give you just a few examples of how I have used them and then you can let your imagination do the rest.
I have gotten virtually instant answers to questions such as: Is the person my son or daughter dating really divorced? How much are they paying their ex-spouse? Are they hiding the fact they have children? Have they been arrested ? Were they Court ordered to attend any type of domestic violence counseling? Are they a safe driver or have they been in Court for driving offenses?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]